Don't Tell My Husband I Put Cauliflower in the Cottage Pie
This post is not sponsored nor endorsed by any brands mentioned within.
By the way, don't call this Shepherd's Pie unless you are using lamb. This is called Cottage Pie (typically made with beef, peas, and carrots with mashed potato on top) or Pate Chinois (The French Canadian version that typically has beef, creamed corn and mashed potato on top).
Basic Cottage Pie
1 pound ground beef or chicken, sauteed
3 cups Green Giant frozen peas/carrots
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 steamed potatoes (8 minutes)
200-300 grams frozen caulifower/steamed (4 minutes)
(about half of a 500 gram package)
- Sautee the beef until crumbly and brown. I season with a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of Garlic Herb Mrs Dash. Line a 1 quart casserole dish with the cooked meat.
- Mix the Creamy Mushroom Soup with 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Pour soup over the meat
- Add a layer of frozen peas and carrots next.
- Mash steamed potatoes and cauliflower together in the pot with one tablespoon of margarine and a pinch of salt. Smooth the potato/cauliflower mix until everything is covered.
- Bake for 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Feeds 6