Family Favourites: Smart Caramel Apple Recipe #KidsCanCook
What I Used:
350 grams of wrapped KRAFT caramel candies
1 tablespoon of condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
4 small apples
4 plastic forks
Non-stick canola spray
1 8x8 dish or flat plate
1/2 package of Smarties crushed in a resealable plastic bag (need 4-6 tablespoons)
What I Did:
- Peel the caramels and place in a shallow glass dish that is microwavable. Add the milk and butter, then set inside the microwave-without turning it on yet.
- Smash the Smarties using a bowl, plate, or rolling pin.
- Wash and dry your apples very well. Stick a plastic fork in the center of each apple.
- Spray your plate or dish with non-stick canola spray. Add 1 tablespoon of crushed candy, in four separate mounds on the plate.
- Clear a space in your fridge for the apples to cool when dipped.
- Microwave the caramel and butter mixture for approximately 2 minutes on medium power. Stop every 30 seconds to stir with a silicon spatula and check for scorching.
- Use the fork to handle the apples and dip/roll them in the caramel. Use the spatula to scrape off the excess caramel on the bottom of the apple, more will puddle.
- Place each apple on their mound of Smarties, and sprinkle remaining candies on the top of the caramel apples.
- Place in fridge for about an hour to set.
- Lick the spoon and clean up the candy crumbs...
Use toasted coconut, crushed nuts, or crumbled cookies for the base.
Disclosure: This is an inspired recipe which I made my own through trial and error. This post is not sponsored nor endorsed by any brands mentioned within.