Creamy Cheddar Potatoes: Perfect 30 Minute Side Dish
This recipe was born from necessity and the love of scalloped potatoes. With my hand mobility problems, steamed potatoes are easier to be peeled and chopped. Plus they reserve more nutrients then boiling them. Steaming the potatoes before baking cuts the recipe time in half compared to my old scalloped potato recipe.
Creamy Cheddar Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds of steamed and rough chopped potatoes
- 1 can of creamed mushroom and garlic soup + 1/2 can of hot water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 cup of sharp white cheddar cheese
What I did:
- Wash and steam the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and rough chop your potatoes.
- Grease a 1 quart casserole dish and layer chopped potatoes with chopped green onion.
- Thoroughly mix the soup with hot water and sour cream then pour over the potatoes.
- Top with grated cheddar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.