"Get Outta My Way I'm Craving Chocolate" Cheater's Fudge Recipe.
Cheater's Fudge Recipe.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Line a 9 x 9-inch dish with parchment paper
- Add sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. (I prefer glass).
- Microwave on Medium power for 1 minute and stir.
- If needed, microwave for 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until chocolate chips are melted.
- When done 'cooking', stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in marshmallows and nuts.
- Pour mixture into the dish and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use the parchment to lift fudge from pan.
- Remove paper to cut the fudge into pieces.
YIELD: I get about 12-16 large squares.
This mixture will get HOT!
Omit the pecans and marshmallows- add dried cranberries, walnuts, raisins, a tablespoon of maple syrup, rum extract, mint extract, or Skor bits instead.
Chocolate scorches very easily. Don't leave the microwave for even a second. There are few things that taste worse than burnt chocolate and scorched milk.
When I have more time, I prefer to melt my chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with simmering water.
If you're having a hard time getting your chocolate into a smooth consistency, add a few drops of canola oil (or another bland oil like vegetable).
*Image from meals.com
*Recipe inspiration here.