Pecan Coffee Cake, But No There Isn't Any Coffee In It!
Pecan "Coffee" Cake
Combine/ Part 1:
- 3/4 cup softened butter*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking (bicarbonate soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
What I did:
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the softened butter with dry ingredients from Part 1.
- Add wet ingredients from Part 2 slowly.
- Mix until the batter is smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9 x 9 baking dish, or line with parchment.
- Mix the Filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add 1/2 of batter to your greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the pecan filling over that bottom batter layer. Say that 5 times fast...teehee
- Pour the remaining batter over the pecans, and carefully spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the last of the pecans on top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. I do a toothpick test at about 30 minutes. If it is batter-free after being inserted into the middle of the cake, it's done.
- Makes 9 big servings of pecan goodness.
|Bottom batter layer, with 1/2 pecan filling.|
|Carefully spread remaining batter over pecan filling.|
|Sprinkle remaining pecan filling on top. Oven ready, see the layers?|
|Smelled divine when it came out of the oven!|