"It's Too Hot to Cook But We're HUNGRY" Spaghetti Joe's with Summer Fresh Toppings.
|This recipe was born from a need to use leftover sauce from a Spaghetti supper.|
Spaghetti Joe's with Summer Fresh Toppings.
Shopping & Preparation List For 4 Servings.
Saute in large fry pan:
- 1 lb ground beef. *Brown for 8 minutes, drain excess fat if necessary, add the remaining items.
- 1 medium onion, chopped in a large dice.*Reserve a little if you like raw onion to garnish.
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced.
- 1/2 sweet yellow pepper, diced.
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder.
*Only saute the vegetables (with the beef) until tender-crisp. They will be simmered next, and will continue to cook.
|Seasoning and basic sauce fixings.|
- 2 dashes hot sauce. *Add more if you like it SPICY.
- 1 jar of pasta Sauce. *You will only need 3/4 of jar, approximately 2 cups.
- 1/4 cup ketchup.
- 2 Tablespoons sweet relish.
|Simmer for 10 minutes.|
Toppings & Extra's:
- hamburger buns
- tomato, sliced or diced
- sweet pickles
- pickled pepper rings
- grated cheese
I have tried this recipe with soy "beef" crumble as well, and it was just as delicious. This will also knock 10 minutes off the cook time.
Tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes can be used instead of pasta sauce. This will reduce the sweetness level. You may need to simmer for more than 10 minutes to thicken the sauce though.